Managed thermostat heating
A smart managed thermostat means residents control their own environment whilst operators retain overall control of the building to maintain green credentials and reduce waste.
As well as creating a seamless user experience, our smart thermostats can predict heating faults, flag failures to the operator and respond to energy tariffs and availability of renewables.
- Heating performance data available on a room by room basis
- Tailored environment for residents’ requirements
- Provision of App to control environment for enhanced user experience
Real-time data-reporting builds insight, with the ability to adapt to make changes across your development. Fact-based information informs initiatives – such as open-window policies.
Research papers, such as the Stoddart Review, have established a firm link between the environment, cognitive behaviours and well-being. High levels of CO2 increase stress, anxiety and lowers concentration levels. Studies show that student accommodation is the main place of study on the university campus so the quality of the environment should be appropriately managed.
Residents with optimised living conditions report higher satisfaction ratings, and increased productivity of between 2 and 3.5%. As for staff, healthy working conditions mean better retention and performance levels.
Our smart devices can monitor…
- CO2 levels
- Temperature – in room, and in communal areas
- Carbon monoxide
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs – pollution)
Water management is critical. Glide infrastructure can help operators keep residents healthy, comply with safeguarding responsibilities, and keep insurers onside too.
Our smart tech can prevent leaks before they become a serious problem, costing money and damaging student satisfaction in the process.
Wireless sensors ensure 24/7 operation, and eliminate the need for expensive personal inspections.
- Detects leaks and overflows before they become a large scale problem
- Insight and trend reporting through data collection
Smart water monitoring is also considered proactive by insurers; with £2.5m paid out every day in 'Escape of Water' claims, protection against leaks can help lower premiums and avoid damaged reputations.
Providing water that is safe and healthy is a key responsibility for the landlord, with specific regulatory compliance requirements carried out as manual measurement procedures. With our smart tech we can automate water safety measurements such as Legionnaires detection.
- Real time alerts at risk outlets
- Indicates where manual intervention is required, increasing staffing efficiency
- Facilitates regulatory compliance for water safety