Glide is committed to ensure the health and safety of its employees and anyone else that may be affected by its activities. It recognises that commitment to a high level of safety makes good business sense and acknowledges that health and safety is a business function that must continually develop and adapt to change.
Safety is the responsibility of everyone within the company and is not only a function of management. The company approach to health and safety is based on providing a safe working environment and minimising risks.
A positive safety culture will be encouraged within the company and will be actively supported by senior management. Employees will be involved in the decision-making process either as individuals or via representatives.
Glide is committed, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure:
- Compliance with legal and other requirements as a minimum standard.
- The prevention of accidents and cases of work-related ill health and to provide adequate control of health and safety risks arising from work activities.
- Adequate training is provided to ensure employees are competent to do their work. To provide refresher training at regular intervals as required.
- Employees are engaged and consulted on day to day health and safety matters and to the provision of advice and supervision on occupational health.
- A safe and healthy working environment is maintained and ensure adequate welfare facilities are in place for all employees.
- Continual improvement of the company’s health & safety performance.
It shall be the duty of all employees at work to ensure:
- that reasonable steps are taken to safeguard the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at.
- co-operation with the company so far as is necessary to ensure compliance with any duty or requirement imposed on the employer, or any other person, under any relevant statutory duties.
These policy commitments are supported by defined occupational health & safety objectives set by management and reviewed periodically.
The Health and Safety Policy will be reviewed and updated as and when it is necessary. Communication of any such changes will be made to all employees.