Do you have supervising experience? Are you working within the Service Desk and looking for a promotion? Do you want to work for a leading managed service provider?
As Service Desk Supervisor you will work to support the Service Desk Manager in line managing the 1st Line Team. You will act as a point of escalation from the customer and team members, ensure the Service Desk is constantly developing team members and improve/streamline process to improve efficiency.
About the Role
· Support the Service Desk Manager to ensure the Service Desk is providing an exceptional customer experience resulting in customer satisfaction
· Drive improvements in the end-to-end resolution of incidents within SLA targets training, and process and systems refinements
· Ensure team members are highly trained and capable of supporting the many different user and backend platforms, to drive efficiency and productivity of the Service Desk Team to enable us to meet our internal KPI’s
· Ensure the team’s upskilling is always proportional to the realistic associated additional workload and protect them where necessary from being overloaded
· Promote an approach to the workload that allows for Systems Thinking, empowers individuals and always considers the customer perspective
· Ensure any changes and improvements are led by real-world input from the team and customers
· Oversee and manage the quality and extent of an internal knowledgebase, in addition manage the customer facing online Help & Support content pages
· Engage with teams and projects beyond the ServiceDesk to contribute to improvements in the customer journey and general inter-team processes, with an ultimate focus on improving Incident generation and resolution and reducing customer contact through proactive measures.
Knowledge and Experience
· Qualifications – ITIL Foundation
· Passionate about delivering customer excellence
· Ability to build and maintain excellent customer relationships.
· Excellent people manager who can direct, lead, and motivate the team to deliver customer excellence.
· Understanding and experience of Service Desk processes and environment
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral) at all levels
· Ability to work in a high-pressured environment
· Ability to drive through change
· Innovative in respect of service quality and ways in which it can be improved.
· Understanding of ITIL, Problem and Change Management processes
· Strong planning and organisation skills.
· Problem solving, ability to quickly acquire knowledge in new technologies, process improvement mind-set
· Reasonable technical understanding and an ability to translate technical solutions and problems into easily understood concepts and vice versa
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We are specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers, and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We are a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.
We believe in our people – they are what makes Glide the best place to work. That is why we offer extensive benefits:
· 25 days holiday (and Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
· Pension Contributions.
· Private Medical Insurance is available for every employee.
· Life Insurance cover.
· Discounted Gym membership for employees in the Clevedon and Stoneleigh offices.
· Cycle to Work scheme will be in place by August 2021.
· Opportunities to progress within the business.
· Long Service rewards: each 5 years there is a bonus.
· A generous employee referral bonus.
· Regular social events throughout the year, including Summer BBQs, Away Days, and a truly epic Christmas Party.
· At Glide, staff are genuinely recognised for their hard work and contributions, and these are celebrated with monthly ‘Golden’ Awards, End of Year Awards, and other awards throughout the year.
At Glide, brand values are not just words on a wall. They are at the heart of our culture and shape how we behave, how we recruit and how we support each other and our customers.
Each value is brought to life through our behaviours. Our behaviours make it clear how to speak to our colleagues and our customers, how we act towards each other and how we define being a ‘Glider’.
Like a family, we value togetherness, put the group before ourselves, welcome diversity and always work hard to make sure everyone feels like they belong.
We dare to do things a little differently. We believe in each other and inspire the people around us to push themselves out of their comfort zones, to do things with courage and conviction, to grab life by the horns and to have total confidence in themselves.
If we fall on customer experience, nothing else we do matters. That is because customer loyalty is hard won and easily lost. The difference boils down to caring about the things our customers care about, always taking the time to make life simpler for them and going out of our way to connect and give them more than they would expect.
We are no ordinary company, and our culture reflects that: we believe that having fun, getting on with each other and not taking life too seriously is just as important as working hard.
It is about more than hard work and graft – we never rest on our laurels. We are an unstoppable team that know we can always do better and more than what we achieved last week, month or year.
Staying open-minded, defying predictable ways of doing things, outsmarting the competition, and cracking on with enthusiasm and positivity is how we approach everything, every day.