Are you a Project Network Engineer looking to work with a growing managed service provider? Are you looking for your next challenge in a company where you can make an immediate impact?
As a Regional Project Network Engineer, you will work within your assigned regional delivery team to remotely support the Field Engineer at all customer sites requiring site activations/provisions of IT/VOIP services, wireless surveys, and technical and infrastructure fault calls. Please note that this role is on a 3 month FTC.
About the Role
- Work closely with PM’s team to migrate and activate new customer services
- Work with Field Engineering team on site activation
- Work with Regional Managers to ensure all required work within the region is completed
- Work with Dispatching team to ensure the required faults and activations are completed
- Help and support the 3rd party sub-contractors when required
- Support the main Contractor on-site as required
Experience and Knowledge
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving and the ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- Demonstrable understanding of large-scale wireless infrastructures across multiple vendor technologies (especially Cisco and Ruckus)
- Exposure to the following vendors would be preferred - Aruba, Nokia, Mikrotik
- Good level of understanding of security considerations and Patch management
- Exposure to the full suite of Cisco/Ruckus LAN switching products
- Cisco WLC design and management experience preferred
- CCNP Qualification is desired
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We’re specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We’re a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.
We believe in our people – they're what makes Glide the best place to work. That’s why we offer extensive benefits:
- 25 days holiday (and Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
- Pension Contributions.
- Private Medical Insurance is available for every employee.
- Life Insurance cover.
- Discounted Gym membership for employees in the Clevedon and Stoneleigh offices.
- Cycle to Work scheme will be in place by August 2021.
- Opportunities to progress within the business.
- Long Service rewards: each 5 years there’s a bonus.
- A generous employee referral bonus.
- Regular social events throughout the year, including Summer BBQs, Away Days and a truly epic Christmas Party.
- At Glide, staff are genuinely recognised for their hard work and contributions and these are celebrated with monthly ‘Golden’ Awards, End of Year Awards and other awards throughout the year.
At Glide, brand values aren’t just words on a wall. They are at the heart of our culture and shape how we behave, how we recruit and how we support each other and our customers.
Each value is brought to life through our behaviours. Our behaviours make it clear how to speak to our colleagues and our customers, how we act towards each other and how we define being a ‘Glider’.
Stand Together: Like a family, we value togetherness, put the group before ourselves, welcome diversity and always work hard to make sure everyone feels like they belong.
Act Bravely: We dare to do things a little differently. We believe in each other and inspire the people around us to push themselves out of their comfort zones, to do things with courage and conviction, to grab life by the horns and to have total confidence in themselves.
Care Whole-heartedly: If we fall down on customer experience, nothing else we do matters. That’s because customer loyalty is hard won and easily lost. The difference boils down to caring about the things our customers care about, always taking the time to make life simpler for them, and going out of our way to connect and give them more than they’d expect.
Live Vibrantly: We’re no ordinary company, and our culture reflects that: we believe that having fun, getting on with each other and not taking life too seriously is just as important as working hard.
Be Tenacious: It’s about more than hard work and graft – we never rest on our laurels. We are an unstoppable team that know we can always do better and more than what we achieved last week, month or year.
Think Unconventionally: Staying open-minded, defying predictable ways of doing things, outsmarting the competition and cracking on with enthusiasm and positivity is how we approach everything, every day.