As Product Manager, you will create and deliver product solutions and services that solve needs of Glide customers and end users. You will also work with teams across Glide’s business, as well as third parties, to develop new products and enhancements to existing products that will contribute additional value to Glide’s customer base and to Glide’s bottom line
Knowledge and Experience
- Product management experience in a technical, R&D, or related field
- Demonstrable experience in product development & delivery in an innovative technology field
- Demonstrable experience of working in a Tier 2 Business ISP/system integrator
- Demonstrable experience within IOT
- Examples of commercial engagement where senior / customer stakeholders have been managed
- Significant experience / track record of delivering product solutions in high tech, fast paced technology sectors
- Excellent communicator in dealing with both internal stakeholders and customer facing roles
- Good commercial, financial and business awareness
- Business analysis and requirement capture skills
- Experience with Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Autonomous and able to work at all levels and across departments
About the Role
- Act as Product specialist for specific elements of Glides Product portfolio, providing technical and commercial insight and industry knowledge both internally and externally to the business
- Gather and analyse product requirements & opportunities from Customers, Industry, Parallel markets, Suppliers and internally
- Work with all departments across the business to successfully deliver both tactical and strategic roadmap items
- Recommend & business case candidate items for the product roadmap
- Work with internal business & external customer stakeholders to help ensure successful delivery of road mapped items
- Assist in driving product vision and delivery in line with customer and business needs
- Manage key partner / supplier relationships to enable delivery of Product roadmap items where they utilise external services
- Support Business Development activities through customer facing sales support with regard to Product strategy and Product detail
- Commercial support to draw up, present & manage new Product propositions to customers prior to being fully adopted in BAU processes. Includes: System design, BOMS and Pricing proposals for new product deployment opportunities (e.g. Meters, LBS, IOT).
- Assist in defining & monitoring of financial performance of specific product roadmap items, and manage in life performance defining product enhancement, replacement and obsolescence strategies
- Support generation of Marketing, Sales and Operational collateral for new product introductions
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We’re specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We’re a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.
We believe in our people – they're what makes Glide the best place to work. That’s why we offer extensive benefits:
- 25 days holiday (and Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
- Pension Contributions.
- Private Medical Insurance is available for every employee.
- Life Insurance cover.
- Discounted Gym membership for employees in the Clevedon and Stoneleigh offices.
- Cycle to Work scheme will be in place by August 2021.
- Opportunities to progress within the business.
- Long Service rewards: each 5 years there’s a bonus.
- A generous employee referral bonus.
- Regular social events throughout the year, including Summer BBQs, Away Days and a truly epic Christmas Party.
- At Glide, staff are genuinely recognised for their hard work and contributions and these are celebrated with monthly ‘Golden’ Awards, End of Year Awards and other awards throughout the year.
At Glide, brand values aren’t just words on a wall. They are at the heart of our culture and shape how we behave, how we recruit and how we support each other and our customers.
Each value is brought to life through our behaviours. Our behaviours make it clear how to speak to our colleagues and our customers, how we act towards each other and how we define being a ‘Glider’.
Stand Together: Like a family, we value togetherness, put the group before ourselves, welcome diversity and always work hard to make sure everyone feels like they belong.
Act Bravely: We dare to do things a little differently. We believe in each other and inspire the people around us to push themselves out of their comfort zones, to do things with courage and conviction, to grab life by the horns and to have total confidence in themselves.
Care Whole-heartedly: If we fall down on customer experience, nothing else we do matters. That’s because customer loyalty is hard won and easily lost. The difference boils down to caring about the things our customers care about, always taking the time to make life simpler for them, and going out of our way to connect and give them more than they’d expect.
Live Vibrantly: We’re no ordinary company, and our culture reflects that: we believe that having fun, getting on with each other and not taking life too seriously is just as important as working hard.
Be Tenacious: It’s about more than hard work and graft – we never rest on our laurels. We are an unstoppable team that know we can always do better and more than what we achieved last week, month or year.
Think Unconventionally: Staying open-minded, defying predictable ways of doing things, outsmarting the competition and cracking on with enthusiasm and positivity is how we approach everything, every day.