Are you a Problem or Incident Manager looking for your next role? Do you want to work in a challenging, yet rewarding environment for a leading managed service provider?
The Problem & Change Manager will be responsible for the Problem Management Process (identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving the root cause of repeated incidents to prevent recurrence); proposing and developing service improvements to management and monitoring platforms, designing systems to maximise new capabilities and efficiencies, developing implementation plans and ensuring improvements are adopted. You will also create problem records, investigate problems records and drive to resolution ensuring all stakeholders are updated as well as conduct weekly change meetings to discuss and approve non standards changes and review any problematic changes from the previous period.
About the Role
- Act as a Service/Technical lead for Service Support team and Technical Provisioning Teams
- Maintain monitoring quality – creating dashboard weather maps when required by a team
- Propose and develop service improvements, designing systems to maximise new capabilities, developing implementation plans and ensuring improvement are adopted
- Create problem records, investigate problem records and drive to resolution problems affecting network services
- Provide timely response to all incidents, outages and performance alerts that are escalated. Categorise issues (create problem records)
- Monitor a wide variety of information and network systems that include, but are not limited to LAN/WAN systems, routers, switches, firewalls, servers, storage, and core applications (whole network overview)
- Improve current company processes and policies based on problem investigations and experience
- Work with Monitoring development team to create the monitoring we require when identified as a need
- Lead problem teams – pull together the skills necessary to trouble shoot problems and drive the investigation forwards – centralising the reports and finding and delivering reports where required
- Lead investigations into reported service issues, taking a holistic view from core through to the edge of the network to identify root cause
- Creating problems and assigning to teams to rectify – chasing for resolution – keeping focus on the problems developing new processes when we identify any issues – with the whole network overview – ensuring process cover all aspects of the operations teams – sometimes processes/procedures are created focused on the inputs of the teams creating the procedure based around their need than the whole picture
- Ensure that the change process is protecting the company from inappropriate change or unplanned change
Knowledge and Experience
- Problem management experience essential – you'll be working as a Problem or Incident Manager in current, or recent role
- ITIL Problem and Change Management qualification is desirable
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Work with energy and passion and inspire the same in others
- Excellent communication skills, confident in speaking at all levels
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Strong technical background and the ability to understand and unpick extremely complex technical environments
- Ability to coordinate across teams to provide an effective outcome during an incident
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We are specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers, and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We are a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.
We believe in our people - they are what makes Glide the best place to work. That is why we offer extensive benefits:
- 25 days holiday (and Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
- Pension Contributions.
- Private Medical Insurance is available for every employee.
- Life Insurance cover.
- Discounted Gym membership for employees in the Clevedon and Stoneleigh offices.
- Cycle to Work scheme will be in place by August 2021.
- Opportunities to progress within the business.
- Long Service rewards: each 5 years there is a bonus.
- A generous employee referral bonus.
- Regular social events throughout the year, including Summer BBQs, Away Days, and a truly epic Christmas Party.
At Glide, staff are genuinely recognised for their hard work and contributions, and these are celebrated with monthly 'Golden’ Awards, End of Year Awards, and other awards throughout the year.
At Glide, brand values are not just words on a wall. They are at the heart of our culture and shape how we behave, how we recruit and how we support each other and our customers.
Each value is brought to life through our behaviours. Our behaviours make it clear how to speak to our colleagues and our customers, how we act towards each other and how we define being a 'Glider’.
Stand Together: Like a family, we value togetherness, put the group before ourselves, welcome diversity and always work hard to make sure everyone feels like they belong.
Act Bravely: We dare to do things a little differently. We believe in each other and inspire the people around us to push themselves out of their comfort zones, to do things with courage and conviction, to grab life by the horns and to have total confidence in themselves.
Care Whole-heartedly: If we fall on customer experience, nothing else we do matters. That is because customer loyalty is hard won and easily lost. The difference boils down to caring about the things our customers care about, always taking the time to make life simpler for them and going out of our way to connect and give them more than they would expect.
Live Vibrantly: We are no ordinary company, and our culture reflects that: we believe that having fun, getting on with each other and not taking life too seriously is just as important as working hard.
Be Tenacious: It is about more than hard work and graft - we never rest on our laurels. We are an unstoppable team that know we can always do better and more than what we achieved last week, month or year.
Think Unconventionally: Staying open-minded, defying predictable ways of doing things, outsmarting the competition, and cracking on with enthusiasm and positivity is how we approach everything, every day.