Are you a Paralegal looking for you next challenge? Do you want to work in a challenging, yet rewarding environment for a leading managed service provider?
As Paralegal, you will be working as part of a busy in-house Legal Department to pro-actively manage a high-volume caseload of litigated debt cases through the legal and/or insolvency process, with the aim to obtain financial recovery and negotiate lucrative settlements.
About the Role
- Manage a high-volume debt litigation caseload (combination of B2B and B2C customer base)
- Prepare and issue claims on MCOL in accordance with Civil Procedure Rules and progress cases through the litigation procedure
- Conduct Land Registry search and thorough traces on potential defendant individuals and companies
- Instruct Advocates for Hearings and occasional attendance at Hearings
- Work closely with Credit Control department and deliver internal training where appropriate
- Help on GDPR related matters, including inter alia, Subject Access Requests, data incidents/ breaches and GPDS related projects
- Review and advise on commercial contracts and terms and conditions on an ad-hoc basis
- Provide general administrative and litigation assistance to Manager, which includes scanning, filling, and compiling of case bundles
- Proactively complete additional tasks relating to the Legal Department as well as any instructions provided by the Manager
- Using appropriate enforcement methods to enforce CCJ’s, including regular liaison with enforcement agents / Bailiffs
- Negotiate settlements and liaise with customers / legal representatives to settle disputes pre-litigation
- Assist other department as and when required
Knowledge and Experience
- Litigation experience
- Utilities sector experience is highly desirable
- GDPR / data protection experience
- Similar in-house role experience
- Ability to progress a case through the litigation procedure strategically and without supervision
- Ability to draft statements of case with / without supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present information in a structured and balanced way to both customers and other departments
- Ability to negotiate lucrative settlement without supervision
- Problem solving skills to identify solutions to issues
- Ability to prioritize effectively and ensure deadlines are met
- Drive, enthusiasm, and commitment
- Teamwork skills - working with the Legal Department as well as other departments to deliver client excellence
- Computer literate - basic word, intermediate excel skills (highly desirable)
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We’re specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We’re a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.
We believe in our people – they're what makes Glide the best place to work. That’s why we offer extensive benefits:
- 25 days holiday (and Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
- Pension Contributions.
- Private Medical Insurance is available for every employee.
- Life Insurance cover.
- Discounted Gym membership for employees in the Clevedon and Stoneleigh offices.
- Cycle to Work scheme will be in place by August 2021.
- Opportunities to progress within the business.
- Long Service rewards: each 5 years there’s a bonus.
- A generous employee referral bonus.
- Regular social events throughout the year, including Summer BBQs, Away Days and a truly epic Christmas Party.
- At Glide, staff are genuinely recognised for their hard work and contributions and these are celebrated with monthly ‘Golden’ Awards, End of Year Awards and other awards throughout the year.
At Glide, brand values aren’t just words on a wall. They are at the heart of our culture and shape how we behave, how we recruit and how we support each other and our customers.
Each value is brought to life through our behaviours. Our behaviours make it clear how to speak to our colleagues and our customers, how we act towards each other and how we define being a ‘Glider’.
Stand Together: Like a family, we value togetherness, put the group before ourselves, welcome diversity and always work hard to make sure everyone feels like they belong.
Act Bravely: We dare to do things a little differently. We believe in each other and inspire the people around us to push themselves out of their comfort zones, to do things with courage and conviction, to grab life by the horns and to have total confidence in themselves.
Care Whole-heartedly: If we fall down on customer experience, nothing else we do matters. That’s because customer loyalty is hard won and easily lost. The difference boils down to caring about the things our customers care about, always taking the time to make life simpler for them, and going out of our way to connect and give them more than they’d expect.
Live Vibrantly: We’re no ordinary company, and our culture reflects that: we believe that having fun, getting on with each other and not taking life too seriously is just as important as working hard.
Be Tenacious: It’s about more than hard work and graft – we never rest on our laurels. We are an unstoppable team that know we can always do better and more than what we achieved last week, month or year.
Think Unconventionally: Staying open-minded, defying predictable ways of doing things, outsmarting the competition and cracking on with enthusiasm and positivity is how we approach everything, every day.