As the new Business Develop executive you will be responsible for establishing new contacts and nurturing relationships in a designated sales territory. You will be required to maintain and develop the customer base by through effective market analysis and actively targeting new business in the designated territory. To follow our proven sales process to bring in revenue for the company.
About the Role
- Act as an ambassador for the Glide brand to both existing and potential clients, raising the profile of the business amongst the relevant parties (universities, landlords & letting agents, property funds etc.)
- Plan and prioritise a large territory to arrange meetings and perform product/service demonstrations with a wide range of customers.
- Maintain and generate new business from the existing client base, through effective relationship management.
- Follow up on, and proactively generate new leads with clients through face to face meetings and cold calling.
- Receive data from Letting Agents and Landlords looking to refer our services.
- Represent Glide at regional networking events, presentations and landlord and property exhibitions.
- Actively converting leads into sales with a view to generating Multi-Site agreements.
- Maintain CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics) in order to provide accurate and meaningful information to the Sales Manager on sales pipelines and performance.
- Ensure that clients receive a high quality service and that any concerns are dealt with effectively.
- Be inquisitive to identify customers’ needs and have the ability to offer informed solutions. * Build a rapport with customers and listen to their feedback.
- Be a credible and trusted source of industry and product information for customers.
- Participate in team sales meetings and share product / market knowledge beneficial to the rest of the team.
- To complete all sales activity and paperwork in a compliant manner
- Bring new ideas to the business in ways to improve our products and market share.
- To act as a role model within the team and support management and colleagues where required
Knowledge and Experience
- Be mobile and flexible to travel regularly to meetings within your region and to Glide’s head office in Birmingham for meetings and events where required. A current driving licence is essential.
- Have a self-driven, pro-active, results-oriented personality with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- Possess strong networking and influencing skills and be confident in speaking to senior-level clients, decision makers and large group.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and a consultative and strategic approach to sales.
- Be strong, self-motivated with a proven experience of exceeding set sales targets in a B2B environment.
- Experience and understanding of CRM systems (ideally Microsoft Dynamics).
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We are specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers, and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We are a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.
We believe in our people - they are what makes Glide the best place to work. That is why we offer extensive benefits:
- 25 days holiday (and Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
- Pension Contributions.
- Private Medical Insurance is available for every employee.
- Life Insurance cover.
- Discounted Gym membership for employees in the Clevedon and Stoneleigh offices.
- Cycle to Work scheme will be in place by August 2021.
- Opportunities to progress within the business.
- Long Service rewards: each 5 years there is a bonus.
- A generous employee referral bonus.
- Regular social events throughout the year, including Summer BBQs, Away Days, and a truly epic Christmas Party.
At Glide, staff are genuinely recognised for their hard work and contributions, and these are celebrated with monthly 'Golden’ Awards, End of Year Awards, and other awards throughout the year.
At Glide, brand values are not just words on a wall. They are at the heart of our culture and shape how we behave, how we recruit and how we support each other and our customers.
Each value is brought to life through our behaviours. Our behaviours make it clear how to speak to our colleagues and our customers, how we act towards each other and how we define being a 'Glider’.
Stand Together: Like a family, we value togetherness, put the group before ourselves, welcome diversity and always work hard to make sure everyone feels like they belong.
Act Bravely: We dare to do things a little differently. We believe in each other and inspire the people around us to push themselves out of their comfort zones, to do things with courage and conviction, to grab life by the horns and to have total confidence in themselves.
Care Whole-heartedly: If we fall on customer experience, nothing else we do matters. That is because customer loyalty is hard won and easily lost. The difference boils down to caring about the things our customers care about, always taking the time to make life simpler for them and going out of our way to connect and give them more than they would expect.
Live Vibrantly: We are no ordinary company, and our culture reflects that: we believe that having fun, getting on with each other and not taking life too seriously is just as important as working hard.
Be Tenacious: It is about more than hard work and graft - we never rest on our laurels. We are an unstoppable team that know we can always do better and more than what we achieved last week, month or year.
Think Unconventionally: Staying open-minded, defying predictable ways of doing things, outsmarting the competition, and cracking on with enthusiasm and positivity is how we approach everything, every day.