Are you looking to further your career as a Network Architect in a large enterprise level environment? Do you want to work for a well-established managed service provider and work with the latest technology?
As Network Architect, you will lead technical design process for the analysis, definition, and continued development of the end-to-end network/IP Architecture for Glide Group. Example, but not limited to Core network, Access network, Metro/MTB networks, Customer premises networks, etc.
About the Role
- Lead the systems key platform development strategy, provide guidance to network planning and operations groups
- Lead the technical internal product groups by identifying and presenting their network-impacting requirements to the service activations and the network operations teams
- Own the architecture process and lead development of Glide Group’s growing network infrastructure through published architecture design documents
- Negotiate and lead the technical relationships with vendors and carriers including supporting the procurement team(s) in negotiating pricing and defining contracts with the support of the legal aa commercial team(s)
- Interpret business requirements into technical frameworks, and provide technology roadmaps governed by strategic direction, business requirements, and alignment with all other technology portfolios
- Define and lead Glide Group’s technology planning and roadmaps
Experience and Knowledge
- At least 10 years’ experience in a telecommunications environment
- Familiarity with network operating systems such as Junos and Cisco IOS, IOS XE
- Experience in communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (MPLS, RSVP, VLANs, CGNAT, OSPF, BGP/MBGP including route reflection)
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools
- HLD and LLD documentation experience
- Good communicator both to technical and non-technical people
- Mentoring and organising training for the junior engineers
- Help design and build processes with the business, i.e., operational support
- Be a Technical Design Authority (TDA) for the IP. Optical and Access networks of Glide Group, including working with the groups managements team to set the network strategy, i.e., recommending upgrades, new policies, and procedures regarding the network
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We’re specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We’re a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.
We believe in our people – they're what makes Glide the best place to work. That’s why we offer extensive benefits:
- 25 days holiday (and Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
- Pension Contributions.
- Private Medical Insurance is available for every employee.
- Life Insurance cover.
- Discounted Gym membership for employees in the Clevedon and Stoneleigh offices.
- Cycle to Work scheme will be in place by August 2021.
- Opportunities to progress within the business.
- Long Service rewards: each 5 years there’s a bonus.
- A generous employee referral bonus.
- Regular social events throughout the year, including Summer BBQs, Away Days and a truly epic Christmas Party.
- At Glide, staff are genuinely recognised for their hard work and contributions and these are celebrated with monthly ‘Golden’ Awards, End of Year Awards and other awards throughout the year.
At Glide, brand values aren’t just words on a wall. They are at the heart of our culture and shape how we behave, how we recruit and how we support each other and our customers.
Each value is brought to life through our behaviours. Our behaviours make it clear how to speak to our colleagues and our customers, how we act towards each other and how we define being a ‘Glider’.
Stand Together: Like a family, we value togetherness, put the group before ourselves, welcome diversity and always work hard to make sure everyone feels like they belong.
Act Bravely: We dare to do things a little differently. We believe in each other and inspire the people around us to push themselves out of their comfort zones, to do things with courage and conviction, to grab life by the horns and to have total confidence in themselves.
Care Whole-heartedly: If we fall down on customer experience, nothing else we do matters. That’s because customer loyalty is hard won and easily lost. The difference boils down to caring about the things our customers care about, always taking the time to make life simpler for them, and going out of our way to connect and give them more than they’d expect.
Live Vibrantly: We’re no ordinary company, and our culture reflects that: we believe that having fun, getting on with each other and not taking life too seriously is just as important as working hard.
Be Tenacious: It’s about more than hard work and graft – we never rest on our laurels. We are an unstoppable team that know we can always do better and more than what we achieved last week, month or year.
Think Unconventionally: Staying open-minded, defying predictable ways of doing things, outsmarting the competition and cracking on with enthusiasm and positivity is how we approach everything, every day.