Are you an experienced Linux System Admin looking for your next challenge? Do you want to work for a leading managed service provider?
About the Role
- You will be part of an operations team supporting and facilitating different projects for the development team, as well as ensuring the maintenance and administration of the (mainly) Linux ecosystem/infrastructure
- You will be required to carry out routine ad-hoc system administration tasks such as patching, backups, user account creation and administration performance anomaly resolution and system defect identification and rectification
- Your role will be critical in creating and maintaining DevOps resources such as Azure and Kubernetes, as well as suggesting and implementing improvements to our overall DevOps culture
- You will be carrying out regular IT administration tasks such as server reviews, implementation and management of security and audit policies including penetration testing as needed
- You will manage the automation deployment processes across different environments using shell scripts and orchestration tools (or automation code base) such as Puppet/Chef/Ansible
- To preserve information security, you will report security breaches promptly, in line with the Information Security Policy, and to act in compliance with the Enterprise Security Framework (ESF) and coordinate the respective resolutions
- You will be required to identify automation candidates within our processes and to write the scripts necessary to effect these
Knowledge and Experience
The technology stack company uses includes
- Linux Servers (primarily Ubuntu, Debian, some CentOS)
- VM containers
- PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Linux and Windows desktops
- Active Directory
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate proficiency with
- Minimum 5 years in the same or similar role
- Minimum of 3 years on monitoring and building teams
- Networking fundamentals, including diagnostic, routing, and firewalling
- Linux server administration and troubleshooting
- Linux virtualisation, ideally with LXC
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer network, operating systems, software, hardware, and security
- An understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and assess risks, threats, patterns, and trends
- Verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical team members and other relevant individuals
- Time-management and organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise your workload
- An ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats and at times of high demand
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We are specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers, and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We are a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.
We believe in our people - they are what makes Glide the best place to work. That is why we offer extensive benefits:
- 25 days holiday (and Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
- Pension Contributions.
- Private Medical Insurance is available for every employee.
- Life Insurance cover.
- Discounted Gym membership for employees in the Clevedon and Stoneleigh offices.
- Cycle to Work scheme will be in place by August 2021.
- Opportunities to progress within the business.
- Long Service rewards: each 5 years there is a bonus.
- A generous employee referral bonus.
- Regular social events throughout the year, including Summer BBQs, Away Days, and a truly epic Christmas Party.
- At Glide, staff are genuinely recognised for their hard work and contributions, and these are celebrated with monthly 'Golden’ Awards, End of Year Awards, and other awards throughout the year.