Are you an Investment & Capex Controller looking for your next challenge? Do you want to work with a well-established and growing managed service provider?
About The Role
- Develop, maintain, and control the Group’s Capex spend, circa over £20m in net spend
- Ensure complex control and understanding of spend both historically and forecasted going forward
- Timely, accurate management information for capex spend analysis, including development and understanding of core volume KPI’s including cost per room (total and labour) in S&R and cost per connection / installation in Business
- Business partnering with various operational and commercial teams, ensuring real time spend analysis is sent to team
- Documented processes and controls for end-to-end process of Capex purchasing and allocation, including policies for entry in and out of stock
- Ownership of the internal labour capitalisation policies, ensuring consistently, best industry practice and reporting back into the business
- Stock evaluation process, including regular counts, reconciliation to X3 and individual item estimation
- Creation and maintenance of updated fixed asset registers in X3, ensuring correct depreciation policy and calculation is adhered to and that monthly reconciliation to the Balance Sheet takes place
- Management and development of the Stock and Capex Accountant, ensuring they have adequate support when dealing with the business
- Budgetary and cashflow assistance in terms of long, medium, and short-term capex spend requirements, ensuring a realistic phasing is considered with the needs of the customer
- Review of spend against budgeted BoM’s in ServiceNow for both Business and S&R; ensuring historical spend is reflected in future BoM requirements
Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Minimum of 3 years post qualified experience
- High commercial awareness and attention to detail
- The ability to explain complex financial information to finance and non-finance personnel
- Passionate about using technology to drive efficiencies in finance team
- Ability to identify, investigate and correct anomalies to facilitate better information provision
- A good knowledge of financial control frameworks and an ability to assess processes for compliance
- Good knowledge of up-to-date legislation and accounting regulations
- Organisational and team managerial skills to run and drive month and year end
- Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade and influence at all levels
- Organised with an ability to present detailed / complex information in an exec format
- Excellent excel skills
- Report development and design experience
- Experience of a PE backed business desirable
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We are specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers, and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We are a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.