The data cabling installation is an integral service that we offer and forms an important source of revenue, and profit, to the business. In the increasingly competitive marketplace, it is also used as a differentiator, and an enabler, to the Managed Internet Service where most of our competitors are not able to deliver an end-to-end service.
About the Role:
Working largely autonomously you must develop a sales strategy to achieve your sales target.
You will need to proactively identify and seek new opportunities for sales revenue and then work to convert them into profitable projects, you must build on these opportunities and prioritise, between yourself and the estimator, the drawing up of the infrastructure proposals.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all designs and proposals cover the requirements of the client and are fit for purpose.
You must be able to advise the customer on the best cabling design for their building and work with all building trades to ensure that all elements of the installation are covered e.g. power, containment, cooling, penetrations etc.
You will need to ensure that all submitted costs are accurate and reasonable for the tasks at hand.
Work with suppliers to ensure that you are kept up to date with the latest technology and are aware of any upcoming cost changes
The individual must be able to assist all areas of the business with their data cabling requirements and questions and collaborate on cross-functional projects.
- Target driven, but not at the expense of the client experience.
- Pride themselves on giving their clients a professional service.
- Ability to account manage effectively and hunt out new business
- Ability to work autonomously and be able to devise and deliver on their strategy to deliver the targets set.
- You will be able to manage their time, and that of their direct report, to ensure a timely turnaround of the incoming enquiries.
- Ability to quality check all infrastructure proposals before they are sent to the client
- You will be technical and yet be able to explain a technically complex design to a non-technical person, in a language they can understand.
- You will have strong stakeholder management skills
- You will be collaborative in approach and be able to build relationships cross-departmentally and deliver projects through others
- be able to deal with an expansive and varied client base, and with all levels and departments within their organisations.
Qualifications / Technical Skills:
- Possess excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in both a written and verbal format
- Mathematically competent to enable the proposal's costings, forecasts and margins to be correctly worked out
- Be able to work out a sales strategy to hit the targets set for each year
- Have been on at least two different, recognised, cabling manufacturers' training courses.
- Have passed the SSSTS or SMSTS coarse
- Have a good understanding of how construction sites operate, and things to look out for
- Be able to build and deliver a technical sale to IT director level
- Be able to design a complex structured cabling system at a component level
- Be able to work out the labour required to do the different tasks during an installation
- Be able to carry out site surveys and work from plans.
- Have a good understanding of how switching infrastructure works and the requirements for its installation.
- Have a good understanding of the latest WIFI standards, how WIFI should be deployed and what factors impact the coverage that can be achieved. (Ideally to CWS certification level)
- Be up to date with the latest British Standards that apply to data cabling installations, and be able to advise people on the topic
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We’re specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We’re a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.
We believe in our people – they're what makes Glide the best place to work. That’s why we offer extensive benefits:
- 25 days holiday (and Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
- Pension Contributions.
- Private Medical Insurance is available for every employee.
- Life Insurance cover.
- Discounted Gym membership for employees in the Clevedon and Stoneleigh offices.
- Cycle to Work scheme will be in place by August 2021.
- Opportunities to progress within the business.
- Long Service rewards: each 5 years there’s a bonus.
- A generous employee referral bonus.
- Regular social events throughout the year, including Summer BBQs, Away Days and a truly epic Christmas Party.
- At Glide, staff are genuinely recognised for their hard work and contributions and these are celebrated with monthly ‘Golden’ Awards, End of Year Awards and other awards throughout the year.
At Glide, brand values aren’t just words on a wall. They are at the heart of our culture and shape how we behave, how we recruit and how we support each other and our customers.
Each value is brought to life through our behaviours. Our behaviours make it clear how to speak to our colleagues and our customers, how we act towards each other and how we define being a ‘Glider’.
Stand Together: Like a family, we value togetherness, put the group before ourselves, welcome diversity and always work hard to make sure everyone feels like they belong.
Act Bravely: We dare to do things a little differently. We believe in each other and inspire the people around us to push themselves out of their comfort zones, to do things with courage and conviction, to grab life by the horns and to have total confidence in themselves.
Care Whole-heartedly: If we fall down on customer experience, nothing else we do matters. That’s because customer loyalty is hard won and easily lost. The difference boils down to caring about the things our customers care about, always taking the time to make life simpler for them, and going out of our way to connect and give them more than they’d expect.
Live Vibrantly: We’re no ordinary company, and our culture reflects that: we believe that having fun, getting on with each other and not taking life too seriously is just as important as working hard.
Be Tenacious: It’s about more than hard work and graft – we never rest on our laurels. We are an unstoppable team that know we can always do better and more than what we achieved last week, month or year.
Think Unconventionally: Staying open-minded, defying predictable ways of doing things, outsmarting the competition and cracking on with enthusiasm and positivity is how we approach everything, every day.