Are you an Infrastructure Network Planner looking for your next challenge? Do you want to work in a challenging, yet rewarding environment for a leading managed service provider?
The Network Infrastructure Planner requires the planning of duct and cable infrastructure to deliver fibre to our numerous customers in an as financially efficient and timely manner as possible. You will communicate across multiple Glide business disciplines, with BT Openreach and various external contractors to execute our usual business connections from the Sales Department or major Fibre City schemes.
About the Role
- Planning of infrastructure works - Exchange Connections, Cabinet to Cabinet and Cabinet to Joint
- Prioritise, plan, and create PIA tails to enable customer connection
- Raise Notice of Intents on the Openreach portal
- Ensure network infrastructure build is optimised and built for future demands
- Ensure wayleave team are engaged and wayleaves are in place for customer connections
- Provide civil engineering designs for blockage clearance works and new network overbuild installations, including costs for blockage clearance
- Coordinating and liaising with local authorities and NRSWA compliance, building developers, landlords
- Design Fibre city rings
- User of QGIS GIS system, Visio and Vetro fibre planning tool
- Understanding of Service Delivery, Customer Satisfaction & cost control.
Knowledge and Experience
External network planning within a telecoms industry
- Surveying of business units and internal route planning
- PIA knowledge preferred
- Working understanding of GIS and experience using NRSWA, Visio, Vetro
- Asbestos awareness
- ability to communicate with third parties and senior management
- Ability to see a job through from start to end resolving any issues appropriately
- Ability to take initiative and work proactively plus ability to think on feet, essential in time pressured environment
- Extremely organised and process driven with a strong attention to detail
- Experience with Civils, Fibre Optic and Passive telecoms infrastructure
- Understand importance of what we do & how it impacts the rest of the Business
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We are specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers, and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We are a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.
We believe in our people - they are what makes Glide the best place to work. That is why we offer extensive benefits:
- 25 days holiday (and Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
- Pension Contributions.
- Private Medical Insurance is available for every employee.
- Life Insurance cover.
- Discounted Gym membership for employees in the Clevedon and Stoneleigh offices.
- Cycle to Work scheme will be in place by August 2021.
- Opportunities to progress within the business.
- Long Service rewards: each 5 years there is a bonus.
- A generous employee referral bonus.
- Regular social events throughout the year, including Summer BBQs, Away Days, and a truly epic Christmas Party.
At Glide, staff are genuinely recognised for their hard work and contributions, and these are celebrated with monthly 'Golden’ Awards, End of Year Awards, and other awards throughout the year.
At Glide, brand values are not just words on a wall. They are at the heart of our culture and shape how we behave, how we recruit and how we support each other and our customers.
Each value is brought to life through our behaviours. Our behaviours make it clear how to speak to our colleagues and our customers, how we act towards each other and how we define being a 'Glider’.
Stand Together: Like a family, we value togetherness, put the group before ourselves, welcome diversity and always work hard to make sure everyone feels like they belong.
Act Bravely: We dare to do things a little differently. We believe in each other and inspire the people around us to push themselves out of their comfort zones, to do things with courage and conviction, to grab life by the horns and to have total confidence in themselves.
Care Whole-heartedly: If we fall on customer experience, nothing else we do matters. That is because customer loyalty is hard won and easily lost. The difference boils down to caring about the things our customers care about, always taking the time to make life simpler for them and going out of our way to connect and give them more than they would expect.
Live Vibrantly: We are no ordinary company, and our culture reflects that: we believe that having fun, getting on with each other and not taking life too seriously is just as important as working hard.
Be Tenacious: It is about more than hard work and graft - we never rest on our laurels. We are an unstoppable team that know we can always do better and more than what we achieved last week, month or year.
Think Unconventionally: Staying open-minded, defying predictable ways of doing things, outsmarting the competition, and cracking on with enthusiasm and positivity is how we approach everything, every day.