Are you a flexible and experienced internet service provider manager/director looking for your next step in your career? Do you want to work for a well-established and growing infrastructure provider?
As our Head of Development and Information Systems, you will oversee the development and system teams, manage the group development and roadmap, the technology operations, systems and tools. You will provide leadership, integrative management and direction for the development and systems to include group-wide strategic planning, budgeting for information technologies and coordination and integration of all business units.
About the Role
- Coordinate the development programs across the group to achieve maximum efficiencies and synergies
- Create and own the group development roadmaps, managing the various systems and portals
- Lead, guide and oversee the development and information technology budgeting process and provide leadership in cost and productivity analysis
- Lead and guide the design, establishment and maintenance of the organizational structure and staffing required to effectively accomplish the group’s goals and objectives in information technologies and development
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of current and developing information systems technology, equipment and systems
- Lead the process of determining the priorities, projects and future directions of the IT and development functions
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Experience and knowledge
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong strategic and business mindset
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to develop good working relationships with peers in other functional areas and senior managers/directors
- At least 10 years of experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Background in designing and developing IT systems/platforms and planning IT implementation
- Change management fundamentals and risk management
- Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources
- Technical awareness of VMWare, Microservices, system architecture
- Experience with PHP, .NET, Kubernetes, Docker, Agile methodologies and Business Transformation
- Full development lifecycle with GitLab
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
We are proud to stand together as one group that brings together sector expertise and creative spirit to make life simpler, customer happier and businesses more successful.
The Glide Group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect.