As Customer Relationship Manager you will be required to own and develop relationships with existing clients to upsell services, retain business and to add value to Glide’s services.
You will gain an in-depth knowledge of the customer’s business and needs, and champion them within Glide to deliver an exceptional customer journey.
About the Role
- To own the relationships of an existing client base in the designated region, maintaining regular contact through face-to-face meetings, telephone and email communication with key stakeholders.
- Act as an ambassador for the Glide brand to existing clients, raising the profile of the business amongst the relevant parties (universities, landlords & letting agents, property funds etc.)
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the client’s business, customers, and operating model in order to ensure the client understands the value that Glide can add.
- Increase the value of contracts by up-selling Glide’s services.
- Ensure all client communications are logged and updated in the CRM system and or EGS where appropriate.
- Liaise with the Account Management team to ensure that all B2B customer service queries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Send all business leads to the external sales team promptly and accurately.
- Support the identification of process improvements and act as a subject expert for the customer journey of existing B2B clients, providing input to projects and change requests where necessary.
- Support with marketing and external sales activities where necessary.
- Ensure all contact with colleagues and customers are detailed and recorded in a clear and appropriate manner in line with standard practice.
- Ensure all admin actions, e.g., completion of business expense claims, are completed in an accurate, timely and compliant manner.
- Take ownership for personal development
- Take personal responsibility for keeping up to date with changes that affect individuals, the marketplace, the products and Glide
- Work proactively with other teams and departments to share learning and provide the best customer experience possible.
- Support with marketing and external sales activities where necessary Required Input
- Client Database Sales Support Agreements
- Account Management Requirements Required Outputs
- Client renewals delivered on time
- Sales and renewal reporting
- Client queries resolved on time and to a satisfactory outcome, aiming for first contact resolution
- CRM updated on time and complete
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and workloads
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to produce written reports and content aimed at various levels of the business
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management abilities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to analyse data with a keen eye for detail
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Packages and other CRM systems
- Able to spot problems and make the relevant changes to ensure the processes run smoothly going forwards
- Able to deliver client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Strong listening, negotiation and presentation skills
Qualifications / Technical Skills:
Degree or equivalent.
Other relative work experience.
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We’re specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We’re a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.
We believe in our people – they're what makes Glide the best place to work. That’s why we offer extensive benefits:
- 25 days holiday (and Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
- Pension Contributions.
- Private Medical Insurance is available for every employee.
- Life Insurance cover.
- Discounted Gym membership for employees in the Clevedon and Stoneleigh offices.
- Cycle to Work scheme will be in place by August 2021.
- Opportunities to progress within the business.
- Long Service rewards: each 5 years there’s a bonus.
- A generous employee referral bonus.
- Regular social events throughout the year, including Summer BBQs, Away Days and a truly epic Christmas Party.
- At Glide, staff are genuinely recognised for their hard work and contributions and these are celebrated with monthly ‘Golden’ Awards, End of Year Awards and other awards throughout the year.
At Glide, brand values aren’t just words on a wall. They are at the heart of our culture and shape how we behave, how we recruit and how we support each other and our customers.
Each value is brought to life through our behaviours. Our behaviours make it clear how to speak to our colleagues and our customers, how we act towards each other and how we define being a ‘Glider’.
Stand Together: Like a family, we value togetherness, put the group before ourselves, welcome diversity and always work hard to make sure everyone feels like they belong.
Act Bravely: We dare to do things a little differently. We believe in each other and inspire the people around us to push themselves out of their comfort zones, to do things with courage and conviction, to grab life by the horns and to have total confidence in themselves.
Care Whole-heartedly: If we fall down on customer experience, nothing else we do matters. That’s because customer loyalty is hard won and easily lost. The difference boils down to caring about the things our customers care about, always taking the time to make life simpler for them, and going out of our way to connect and give them more than they’d expect.
Live Vibrantly: We’re no ordinary company, and our culture reflects that: we believe that having fun, getting on with each other and not taking life too seriously is just as important as working hard.
Be Tenacious: It’s about more than hard work and graft – we never rest on our laurels. We are an unstoppable team that know we can always do better and more than what we achieved last week, month or year.
Think Unconventionally: Staying open-minded, defying predictable ways of doing things, outsmarting the competition and cracking on with enthusiasm and positivity is how we approach everything, every day.