About the Role
As Account Manager you will act as the voice of the customer and be responsible for establishing and maintaining operational relationships with our customers to provide exceptional end-to-end service support. To maintain professional relationships with existing clients by keeping in regular contact.
You will be responsible for working with the CRM team to ensure clients renew and to add to their portfolios. We want you to champion customer needs and drive continual service improvements by driving innovation within the team and the wider business, to get the best outcome for both the customer and Glide, and always to go the extra mile.
- Maintain regular contact with multisite clients and referral accounts through face-to-face meetings, telephone and email communication.
- Maintain clients’ accounts on a day-to-day basis operationally by working with other departments.
- Work with the billing team and have an analytical approach to customer bills to ensure they are billed accurately.
- Working closely with CRM team to cultivate exceptional customer relationships and identify opportunities to retain and grow partnerships with accounts.
- Develop trusting business relationships with a portfolio of clients.
- Renew and maintain a portfolio of multisite clients to an established KPI retention rate.
- Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to the customer in a timely manner and liaise with clients to reduce delays.
- Answer any queries a client may have and resolve any issues as well as completing any follow-up tasks.
- Send all new business leads to the external sales team promptly and accurately.
- Support the identification of process improvements and act as a subject expert for the Account Management role and provide input to projects and change requests.
- Liaise with the B2B Customer Service Executive to arrange meter readings and other site visits for clients where appropriate.
- Support with marketing and external sales activities where necessary.
- Ensure all contact with colleagues and customers are detailed and recorded in a clear and appropriate manner in line with standard practice.
- Ensure all admin actions, e.g., completion of business expense claims, are completed in an accurate, timely and compliant manner.
- Take ownership for personal development.
- Take personal responsibility for keeping up to date with changes that affect individuals, the marketplace, the products, and Glide.
- Work proactively with other teams and departments to share learning and provide the best customer experience possible, and to contribute to continual service improvement – in particular, Customer Service, Operations/Billing, and Credit Control.
- To work with third party suppliers, where required, to ensure contractual service levels are met, driving service excellence and ensure any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and workloads.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to produce written reports and content aimed at various levels of the business.
- Passionate about delivering customer excellence.
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management abilities.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyse data with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Packages and other CRM systems.
- Able to spot problems and make the relevant changes to ensure the processes run smoothly going forwards, and to drive through any changes.
- Able to deliver client focussed solutions based on customer needs.
- Strong listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Innovative in respect of service quality and ways in which it can be improved.
- Willingness to go the extra mile and always seek self-improvement.
- Able to work in a high-pressured environment
You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to produce engaging reports and content aimed at various levels of the business. You are passionate about delivering customer excellence and can spot problems to make the relevant changes to ensure the processes run smoothly going forward.
You are the kind of person who takes ownership for your personal development and works proactively with other teams and departments to share learning and provide the best customer experience possible whilst contributing to continual service improvement.
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We’re specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We’re a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.
We believe in our people – they're what makes Glide the best place to work. That’s why we offer extensive benefits:
- 25 days holiday (and Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
- Pension Contributions.
- Private Medical Insurance is available for every employee.
- Life Insurance cover.
- Discounted Gym membership for employees in the Clevedon and Stoneleigh offices.
- Cycle to Work scheme will be in place by August 2021.
- Opportunities to progress within the business.
- Long Service rewards: each 5 years there’s a bonus.
- A generous employee referral bonus.
- Regular social events throughout the year, including Summer BBQs, Away Days and a truly epic Christmas Party.
- At Glide, staff are genuinely recognised for their hard work and contributions and these are celebrated with monthly ‘Golden’ Awards, End of Year Awards and other awards throughout the year.
At Glide, brand values aren’t just words on a wall. They are at the heart of our culture and shape how we behave, how we recruit and how we support each other and our customers.
Each value is brought to life through our behaviours. Our behaviours make it clear how to speak to our colleagues and our customers, how we act towards each other and how we define being a ‘Glider’.
Stand Together: Like a family, we value togetherness, put the group before ourselves, welcome diversity and always work hard to make sure everyone feels like they belong.
Act Bravely: We dare to do things a little differently. We believe in each other and inspire the people around us to push themselves out of their comfort zones, to do things with courage and conviction, to grab life by the horns and to have total confidence in themselves.
Care Whole-heartedly: If we fall down on customer experience, nothing else we do matters. That’s because customer loyalty is hard won and easily lost. The difference boils down to caring about the things our customers care about, always taking the time to make life simpler for them, and going out of our way to connect and give them more than they’d expect.
Live Vibrantly: We’re no ordinary company, and our culture reflects that: we believe that having fun, getting on with each other and not taking life too seriously is just as important as working hard.
Be Tenacious: It’s about more than hard work and graft – we never rest on our laurels. We are an unstoppable team that know we can always do better and more than what we achieved last week, month or year.
Think Unconventionally: Staying open-minded, defying predictable ways of doing things, outsmarting the competition and cracking on with enthusiasm and positivity is how we approach everything, every day.