You will liaise with our customers and relevant 3rd parties to ensure that all service requests and incidents are dealt with efficiently and act as a point of escalation for the 1st line support team, troubleshooting 2nd line incident investigations to resolution.
You will need to ensure that all incident management processes are followed to ensure timely resolution of Major Incidents and 2nd line tickets escalated from the 1st line team.
About the Role
- Triage and resolve issues escalated from the 1st line support Team.
- Responsible for providing regular and timely updates and communications to customers for planned and unplanned service outages.
- Assist with monitoring the performance of the Glide network and customer networks, to triage and troubleshoot events, alarms, and service outages, escalating issues where required internally and to 3rd party suppliers and vendors, overseeing all incidents through to resolution ensuring contractual Service Levels are achieved.
- Documenting and tracking all technical issues thoroughly through ServiceNow incident and problem management ticketing system. Documentation of known issues and knowledge base articles to help support the wider team action incidents.
- Provide out-of-hours support escalation for our NOC for priority customer outages as part of a rota with other members of the support team.
- Preparing and sending customer RFOs as required following the completion of our incident investigation, you will create a report and email it to the relevant customers.
Qualifications / Technical Skills
Must have skills:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and written at all levels, with the ability to translate technical solutions into non-technical language.
- Ability to work under pressure and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail
- Approachable and confident person.
- Have excellent customer service and people skills, and be empathetic to customer situations
- Logical methodical problem solver
- Good Knowledge of DSL, FTTC, FTTP, networking, VOIP and associated broadband technologies (TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, DNS, DHCP)
- Cisco CCNA Certification or higher
- Familiarity with ticketing systems
- Working in a Service Desk environment
- Experience with VoIP (Gamma, Asterix, 3CX)
Minimum 2 years’ experience in networking, ideally in an ISP environment.
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
The Glide group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect. We want people with conviction and confidence to take cutting edge products with enormous potential from our demo room to the feature-rich properties of the future.
We’re specialists in delivering market-leading, super-fast and reliable Wi-Fi and technical solutions for students, residential developers and businesses, the three sectors we know inside out. Glide is more than the sum of its parts. We’re a big group with the energy and ingenuity of a small business.
We believe in our people – they're what makes Glide the best place to work. That’s why we offer extensive benefits:
- 25 days holiday (and Bank Holidays). Plus, an extra day off for your birthday.
- Pension Contributions.
- Private Medical Insurance is available for every employee.
- Life Insurance cover.
- Discounted Gym membership for employees in the Clevedon and Stoneleigh offices.
- Cycle to Work scheme will be in place by August 2021.
- Opportunities to progress within the business.
- Long Service rewards: each 5 years there’s a bonus.
- A generous employee referral bonus.
- Regular social events throughout the year, including Summer BBQs, Away Days and a truly epic Christmas Party.
- At Glide, staff are genuinely recognised for their hard work and contributions and these are celebrated with monthly ‘Golden’ Awards, End of Year Awards and other awards throughout the year.
At Glide, brand values aren’t just words on a wall. They are at the heart of our culture and shape how we behave, how we recruit and how we support each other and our customers.
Each value is brought to life through our behaviours. Our behaviours make it clear how to speak to our colleagues and our customers, how we act towards each other and how we define being a ‘Glider’.
Stand Together: Like a family, we value togetherness, put the group before ourselves, welcome diversity and always work hard to make sure everyone feels like they belong.
Act Bravely: We dare to do things a little differently. We believe in each other and inspire the people around us to push themselves out of their comfort zones, to do things with courage and conviction, to grab life by the horns and to have total confidence in themselves.
Care Whole-heartedly: If we fall down on customer experience, nothing else we do matters. That’s because customer loyalty is hard won and easily lost. The difference boils down to caring about the things our customers care about, always taking the time to make life simpler for them, and going out of our way to connect and give them more than they’d expect.
Live Vibrantly: We’re no ordinary company, and our culture reflects that: we believe that having fun, getting on with each other and not taking life too seriously is just as important as working hard.
Be Tenacious: It’s about more than hard work and graft – we never rest on our laurels. We are an unstoppable team that know we can always do better and more than what we achieved last week, month or year.
Think Unconventionally: Staying open-minded, defying predictable ways of doing things, outsmarting the competition and cracking on with enthusiasm and positivity is how we approach everything, every day.